Monday, September 10, 2012

Bride & Groom Working Together!

Through this entire process James has been amazing. When I need his support, opinion and his advice he has been there to give me just what I needed. And times when I ask him is it okay if I do this, this way...he is more than accepting of my decisions and my visions.

I guess every wedding planning process is so different...I mean whether or not you get married in a church or a venue or at a house...things change drastically. Whether or not you have a wedding planning. Whether or not you have a bridal party. Whether or not you are indoors or out doors. So much can make so much difference in how you can plan and what really matters when planning. For the most part the process has been fun and nice to be able to really do things my way.

This past Saturday we didn't really have much going on during the day so we decided to get out and run around and look at some house stuff and just get out of the house. We did do some good house errands and got a feel for some furniture items that we liked, but along the way and mostly by accident we got a few Wedding things done which was really nice. It was nice of course to be able to check them off our list, but also nice to have some things done together.

Then that evening we got to go to a Wedding ourselves...it was a really good comparison for us. The Bride and Groom had their ceremony the day before and then had the reception. It was fun to see all her decorations and how she pulled things off with it being outside and in a tent like ours.

For the most part the set backs and frustrations have been outside of James and I. And though that's a downer...the positive outlook is that James and I aren't wanting to kill each other during this process. Having the frustrations of on lookers fall upon us has mainly just made us have to talk with each other more and express our frustrations together...if anything its made us closer and more of a couple. I am sure we will re live these frustrations on a smaller scale every holiday from now on ;-) I think mainly the wedding planning has just made us extra busy and our lives more hectic and made us spend more time apart.


Check List
We got our marriage counseling certificate in the mail on Friday so that saves us some money to go...
1. Get our Marriage License on Wednesday
2. We Order our Keg which will be picked up the day of the wedding
3. We price checked alcohol and will purchase soon
4. Our welcome bags are in progress :-)
5. Our Slide Show is Complete and we have a projector!
6. We have both of our rings!
7. Our Center Pieces are complete as they can be before the actual day...but all organized
8. I am still wrapping silverware but that will be done soon
9. My Dress is altered and is in my possession!
10. We have followed up with Photographer, Caterer, and DJ so I think we are doing good!

No comments:

Post a Comment